**THE STEAMPUNK READATHON IS BEING POSTPONED DUE TO MY SON AND HIS GIRLFRIEND NEEDED TO COME HERE TO SEEK SHELTER FROM HURRICANE IRMA. NEW DATES ARE TO BE DETERMINED**
Last year I hosted my first Steampunk Readathon and because it was so much fun I've decided to bring it back again this year! The readathon will run Sept 9 through Sept 15. I have created a Twitter specifically for the readathon @Steampunkathon.
This will be a low pressure challenge. Maybe you are new to the genre of steampunk so only want to read one book. That's okay! I still want you to participate. You may even already be reading steampunk books and not know it.
Here are some suggested steampunk books:
For a full list visit Steampunk 101, Goodreads (books shelved under steampunk) and Goodreads (Best Steampunk books).
The Steampunk Readathon Rules:
- This readathon begins Sept 9, 2016 at midnight and ends Sept 15, 2016 at 11:59 PM.
- You may sign up between now and anytime during the readathon.
- I won't be creating different levels. Read as little or as many books as you want. Read just one and still participate!
- Books started before the readathon will not count.
- You may include books of any format including traditional books, ebooks, or audiobooks.
- Books must be from the steampunk genre or related genres including dieselpunk, biopunk, and so on. For a full list of related genres see here.
- Books may be fiction, nonfiction, graphic novels, art books, or children's books.
- You may reread books.
- Books may count towards other reading challenges.
- Use the hashtag #Steampunkathon
- If you could be so kind, please place the Steampunk Readathon banner on your blog to help spread the word.
- Please link back to this blog, post about it on Facebook, Tweet about it, Instagram it, Pin it. and so on to help spread the word.
- Sign up below using Linky Tools. Use your blog, Goodreads, or social media account to sign up.
Post a Comment