Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme and blog hop hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This month's theme is to pick a previous Top Ten Tuesday but I think instead I'd like to list some books to read for Black Lives Matter and Pride Month instead. Please note I am a heterosexual, cis, white woman so I have chosen books for someone like me who needs to learn more as a person who comes from the perspective of privilege.
Books for Black Lives Matter
1. The Making of Black Lives Matter by Christopher J. Lebron (nonfiction)
2. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (YA fiction)
4. How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi (nonfiction)
5. Me and White Supremacy by Layla F. Saad (nonfiction)
Books for Pride Month
6. Boy Erased by Garrard Conley (nonfiction)
7. Sissy: A Coming-of-Gender Story by Jacob Tobia (nonfiction)
8. How We Fight For Our Lives by Saeed Jones (nonfiction, also a Black Lives Matter book)
9. We Are Everywhere by Leighton Brown and Matthew Riemer (photographic nonfiction)