One of my favorite readathons of the year is going on right now. Tome Topple runs from August 4 - 17 and is all about reading big books. By "big" I mean over 500 pages. These must be individual works, not bind ups or story collections. For example, even though the books Lord of the Rings by J. R. R Tolkien or The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis are over 500 pages they technically are bindups of the individual books that make up the series.
Tome Topple also has individual challenges. The challenges are:
1. Read more than 1 tome
2. Read a graphic novel (still over 500 pages!)
3. Read a tome that is part of a series
4. Buddy read a tome
5. Read an adult novel
So far I have completed the graphic novel challenge. I read Habibi by Craig Thompson. You can read my review at Goodreads. I am currently finishing up Goddess of the Sea by P. C. Cast for the Let's Be Mermaids Read-a-thon and then I will read another tome.
The regular Top Ten Tuesday blog meme is off until August 15 but I thought it would be fun to make a top ten list of the tomes I would like to read.
1. Blankets by Craig Thompson (graphic novel, 592 pages)
2. It by Stephen King (horror, 1156 pages)
3. The Mists of Avalon (Avalon 1) by Marion Zimmer Bradley (fantasy, 876 pages)
4. The Pillars of the Earth (The Kingsbridge Series #1) by Ken Follett (historical, 973 pages)
5. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo (classic, 1232 pages)
6. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (classic, 964 pages)
7. Outlander (Outlander #1) by Diana Gabaldon (historical fantasy, 850 pages)
8. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand (classic, 1168 pages)
9. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (classic, 959 pages)
10. Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1) by Cassandra Clare (paranormal YA, 698 pages)
Good luck with your goal! You have a very good list :)ReplyDelete